Friday, November 09, 2007

Happy anniversary, baby.



On one chilly night in November 1997, I finally figured out how to use FTP software (Fetch, baby!) and Netscape Communicator's Compose module, and I designed a web page and threw it up on the web. It doesn't exist there anymore (or does it, he asks wryly).

Even though my participation in my own web presence has been hit or miss in the intervening decade, the presence itself has been unbroken.

But my web "programming" experience goes even farther back. While a senior in college, I took a single, 2-hour class on how to write HTML (I think it was March 1995). I wrote a single web page. To celebrate this milestone, I have revived the presence of my very first web page.

It's ridiculous, but it was lovingly hand-crafted. And now, for the first time ever, it's actually on the web. You can go see it here.

Happy 10th anniversary, web site. Here's to the next 10.

1 comments:

Bourgeois Deviant said...

How about innaugurating the next 10 M-Fing years with a new post?